Fluted Box Board 1.8mm E 1640x1225mm
Premier™ Archival Fluted Board E Flute1.8mm - Grey/White
640mm (flute) x 1225mm (chop) - Boxed/10shts
Archival Fluted Boxboard is a high quality corrugated board made from the same acid and lignin-free long fibred conservation quality paper used to make the solid centre Premier™ Archival Folding Boxboard.
Offered in 3 styles of flute construction.Because of its fluted structure corrugated board has the advantages of being lightweight yet rigid. It has many applications and is particularly useful for oversized boxes.
Conservation By Design’s Heritage Archival pHotokraft™ papers (HAPK) are used to make this board they meet European and American standards for Archival Long Life Papers and Boards. Suitable for the long term storage and conservation of documents and photographs. These HAPK papers pass the P.A.T. Test and have excellent water resistance having being internally sized with AKD and externally with starch. The high percentage of long kraft fibres gives enhanced fold and tear strength to the board.
Please note : Corrugated boxes when produced in volume offer a lower cost and good protection against handling. This is why they are used for commercial packaging/ shipping and display applications. However products made from corrugated board do not offer the same protection against water and fire as solid centre boxboard.
• Acid-free pH7.5 to 9.5
• Lignin-free (ASTMD 1030)
• Kappa no. <5 (ISO302)
• Lightfast – min 5 Blue Wool Scale test (BS1006:97 and TAPPI T475)
• Internally sized with Alkyl Ketene Dimer (AKD) Externally sized with non-ionic farina starch
• Buffered (average 3%) calcium carbonate (ISO 9706)
• Reducible Sulphur: less than 0.8 parts per million (TAPPI T406)
• Specified free of optical brightening agents (OBAs)
• Alkaline pH starch adhesive
• Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) (ISO 18916)